Thursday, November 29, 2012

11 Degrees of Fire: Other Fires that Burn


11 Degrees of Fire: Other Fires that Burn 

11 of 42 Days


Time is a factory where everyone slaves away earning enough love to break their own chains.
-Hafiz



One regret dear world, that I am determined not to have when I am lying on my deathbed is that I did not kiss you enough.
-Hafiz


One day the sun admitted,
I am just a shadow.
I wish I could show you
The Infinite Incandescence
That has cast my brilliant image!
I wish I could show you,
When you are lonely or in darkness,
The Astonishing Light
Of your own Being!

— Hafiz
(from I Heard God Laughing, trans. Daniel Ladinsky)

The Eastern shore 

approaches 

The Gypsy 

aches 
with 
exhaustion

machines 

ring, and push
and pull 
the massive 
vessel toward 
its destination 

The wild 

spirit 
tries 
to break 
through the 
solid steel 

the water 

 tries 
to break in 
to save its 
hero

 Only an 
ember lives 
breathing stale 
air
dreaming of 
an inferno 

 a cold flame 
in the darkness


Kori 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment